Following the success of Muli Mutya Lancashire, TramShed have sponsored a young man we had the pleasure of working with in Uganda called Patrick Lumumba. Patrick was a pupil at Namirembe Primary school, who like many young people in Kampala, was without support and struggling to survive. He touched the hearts of the Arts Practitioner Team and as a result, TramShed have sponsored Patrick for three years since working with him in 2014. This crucial funding has provided him with an education – now at Kampala Citizen College School, resources and most importantly food and shelter. As we embark on our fourth year of support for Patrick, we have decided to stage a special social event to raise funds, awareness and celebrate this wonderful partnership.
We would like to invite all members, families and supporters to join us on Saturday 28th October at 6pm as we ‘Parade the Promenade for Patrick’. We will walk from – The Savoy Hotel to Red Bank Road and enjoy the wonderful Blackpool Illumination Tableaux experience along the way! The event is open to EVERYONE and tickets are £5 which will include a chip supper.
• All members are to meet opposite The Savoy Hotel (promenade) at 6pm prompt.
• Members under the age of 14 years must be accompanied by an adult.
• Members between 14-18 years of age who are unaccompanied, must be dropped off and collected.
• Collection will be at 8pm – Bispham Kitchen Chip Shop (Red Bank Road).
• Parking is available at Gynn Square car park – FY1 2JR.
• Tickets are £5 – payable at the start of the event or in advance from the Arts Practitioner Team. A family ticket is also available -£15 (2A 2C).
We would like to thank you in advance for your on-going support and hope to see you at the event. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to get in touch.
The Arts Team – 07852 498427